Certified Events Manager (CEM)
The purpose of this course is to enable the students to acquire a general knowledge about the “event management” and to become familiar with management techniques and strategies required for successful planning, promotion, implementation and evaluation of special events with a special focus on case studies of the events in Africa in recently years.
- Language of teaching for this course is English. This means that all communication during lectures will be in English, and all literature and auxiliary materials are in English.
- You can use the translation widget on this website to translate course content into your preferred language.
- The course is subject to evaluation. At the end of the course, students are to participate in the final assessment and score up to 70% to qualify for certification.
- Students can retake assessment three times only.
What Will I Learn?
- 1. To acquire an understanding of the role and purpose(s) of special events in the organizations.
- 2. To acquire an understanding of the techniques and strategies required to plan successful special events.
- 3. To acquire the knowledge and competencies required to promote, implement and conduct special events.
- 4. To acquire the knowledge and competencies required to assess the quality and success of special events.